Thursday, May 15, 2008
Women Getting A Wegie
It is clock 16:00. My tired Blurry eyes capture our simple room. Two beds, thick mattresses lie on simple particle board. Under the bed is found in the middle a simple metal frame for a little more stability to achieve. The obvious reason for that I probably need not explain. I know only one thing I have to urgently take a shower. A slightly hungover head and a nasty sweaty body leave me no choice. As is often the shower is in the same room as the toilet. It is practically in the bowl. But this narrowness is nothing new. In my head trickle of lukewarm water. I would prefer cold.
In search of a breakfast we walk through the Khao San Road. Mario was satisfied with a muesli. For me there it is a refreshing soup with chicken in coconut milk. The taste is overwhelming. Fresh lemon grass, Thai basil and unknown ingredients exude an irresistible fragrance. Just as I had imagined. After the rather meager in Nepal offer a welcome change. Around us sit hordes of young people, everyone has at least a beer on the table. One looks in countless pairs of eyes glassy. Alcohol consumption has reached with the serving of cocktails in buckets to new dimensions. Although, I think most Ballerman it was right to ban bucket. There are more small bucket. We finish our breakfast and the day draws to a close again. At least, says my Clock sees this, the reality is very different. In the evening I prefer noted once again going for a few impressions. Back at the Hotel Mario still hangs over his book. About two clock at night we turn once again together a round. Everywhere sit drunks. Every taxi driver tried to tow a Ping Pong Show, Bum Bum, or to arrange a ride to somewhere easy. It is only the second day but this constant "Hey my friend" and the In Grabsch and Rumgezerre annoy me. The heat makes us not sleep and we both read through the night. Half past six the next morning I unfold my book and try to sleep.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
0 comments:
Post a Comment